How Does a Multi-Point Inspection Work?
A car multi-point inspection service covers a range of areas both inside and outside the vehicles prone to wear and tear. Most of these damages are progressive and do not show until it’s too late and you need a major overhaul. The areas that require such service are also significant for the overall smooth functioning of these machines.
The major areas that require regular checks include:
Under the hood
Every car owner knows it; the hood is full of essential vehicle components, some of which you don’t understand how they function. We inspect parts like:
- Engine oil
- Power steering fluid
- Air filter
- Brake fluid
- Drive belts
- Washer fluid
Your car has numerous safety equipment that keeps you safe and prevents injuries during accidents. We ensure they are working effectively by checking on:
- Seat belts
While it may seem that your interior and exterior don’t need much maintenance. These parts are important to examine or change every once in a while. Windshield wipers wear out, lights go bad, cabin air filters get dirty, the list never ends. These include vehicles parts like:
- Cabin air filter
- Floor mats
- Air conditioning
- Windshields and windows
- Side View Mirrors
The drivetrain collaborates with your car’s engine to move the wheels and other essential parts of the car that depend on motion. These parts can break down easily due to friction. We have multiple checks on the drivetrain parts to keep your vehicle in motion with optimal performance.
The most common checks are:
- Engine performance
- Differential case
- Driveshaft/U-joints/CV joints
- Fuel and brake lines
The car’s suspension absorbs shock from uneven road surfaces. It depends on components like springs and dampers to make your drive smooth and safe. It absorbs all energy produced from road bumps and other kinetic impacts that could damage the car. We work on suspensions parts like:
- Ball joints
When Should I Get A Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection?
There is no wrong or right time to get a car multi-point inspection. Experts recommend getting an inspection once in a year or two to keep your car running in perfect condition. Instead of working without a plan, it would be best to get an inspection before events like:
- When selling a car: Before selling a car, consider getting a multi-point inspection to give your buyers confidence that what they are buying is quality. It guarantees the best price for the car.
- Buying a used car: Always schedule a multi-inspection for your new second-hand car. It saves you from post-purchase surprises when you start using it later.
- Going for a long road trip: IT would be best to fix any potential problems before hitting the road, ensuring your vacation goes smoothly.
- Changing seasons: Every season has its unique impact on the car as it changes driving conditions. Consider getting an inspection either in fall or spring.
Schedule Multi-Point Inspection & Repair Services in Burlingame, CA Today
A multi-point inspection suffices as a preventive measure. It helps spot issues and maintenance needs to keep your car running smoothly. It is best to go for experienced service tech from Putnam Automotive Group. Give us a call or schedule a service online to set up your multi-point vehicle inspection in the Bay Area today.
Image Source: Maksim Shchur / Shutterstock